Re: RC: RE: RE: AERC & International & FEI

Bob Morris wrote:

> I would like the answer to one very important question. Important to me at
> least. What makes the FEI the world governing body for International
> Endurance Riding? By what authority and by what consensus? Albeit the FEI is
> the controlling body for Europe but who granted them the license for the
> WORLD? Or is it by default because the UAE has placed the money on them
> rather than the rest of the world?
>
> As an American I debate (and politically incorrect that I am) why anything
> that has a European stamp on it makes it better and carries the banner of
> authority. Yes, if we want to compete in Europe, we must compete on their
> terms. If they want to compete on this continent, let them compete on our
> terms. The, FEI, are not the WORLD.
>
> Bob Morris

The FEI is the FEDERATION EQUESTRE INTERNATIONAL, no european institution. It is
the controlling body for all NATIONAL FEDERATIONS. So it is controlling all
licensed equestrian events all over the WORLD, not only in Europe. It the same
with the IOC, the International Olympic Committee which is also located here in
Europe, but controls the whole WORLD in all kinds of olympic events.
It not "Europe against the rest of the world" (or against USA).

Wolfgang
Germany