Re: RC: RC: Olympics coverage*v}?it can work

Leonard.LIESENS@cec.eu.int wrote:

> Concerning this subject of televising an endurance event.
>
> The UAE have lack and take sometimes the problems from the wrong side, but they did also bring a lot of good points to our sport.
>
> I don't know if any  of you did watch their broadcast of the races organized in the UAE or sponsored by the UAE in Europe :
>
> - the WEC1998
> - the European Championship in Portugal in 1999
> - the Most Preferred
> - the Millenium Cup
> - etcaetera....
>
> The video made are really exceptional, with very good images, nice montage, nice comments, nice music.
>
> I think an endurance ride can be well covered if the right resources are used, but it costs money : at the last Most Preferred, there were 3 4x4 with a platform and a big camera at the top (I remember this was scaring Orfeo all the time ; I remember having seen also 2 of them stucked in the dunes :)
>
> Leonard and Orfeo

Hi Leo,

first of all - CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR SUCCESS!!!!!!!
I am happy to personally know you and Orfeo!

To the UAE-Videos: Most of them are made by some german folks. They made the
official WEC1998-Video as well as many others. They were also in Compiegne.

We haven't the best horses and riders, but maybe the best
endurance-video-tape-producers here in Germany ;-)

Wolfgang
Germany