Re: RC: FEI Endurance

DebiG54@aol.com wrote:

> In return, all competitors are required to sign the waiver that any prize
> money is signed over to the USET.  I'm sure, Wendy, letting that check pause
> only briefly in your hand must have been tough.  This system started for
> endurance in 1994 for the World Equestrian Games in Holland, which, so far,
> is the only time endurance has been included with all the other USET
> sponsored disciplines (show jumping, dressage, driving, and vaulting at that
> time).
>
> Debi Gordon

Hi Debi,

don't know about the USET-money-thing, but in 1990 the WEG in Stockholm/Sweden,
also included endurance - remember Becky and Rio galopping in the big stadium
where the show-jumping took place. The show jumping was stopped and the riders
are announced. There was a big "Ooohhh" when the crowd noticed that Becky and
Rio just finished 100 miles.

Wolfgang (still in the middle of reading all emails - more than 1100)
Germany