Re: RC: packing for a multi-day

At 10:09 PM 09/04/2000 -0500, Tina Hicks wrote:

> > Just bring two bales (100+# or larger) of hay (for a 3 day -- just 1
> horse,
> > right?)
>What????Two bales for a horse for a 3 day ride which means 5
>days counting travel days???? I bring two bales for 1 horse for a
>regular ride which is a 3 day weekend (I do bring some home). Do
>your horses exist on air <g>? And actually I'm hauling two horses
>this time.

Are your bales over 100 pounds each?  Don't you guys have like little baby
bales? <G>

Just figure on 30# a day per horse and you should be okay, unless you move
camp then add in a little more.  If yours are like mine they might not want
to eat a lot in the way of grain (about 4# max is all I've ever gotten into
them at a multiday).  Don't worry as long as they are eating hay.  Weaver
did his first multiday (which was a 3 day ride) existing solely on hay, and
I still couldn't buckle the belly band on his blanket when he was done <G>.