Re: RC: Conditioning for 100 milers

>My longest training rides will rarely go over 25 miles.  On my
>very fit horses being prepared to win, that distance will be covered in two
>hours on hilly, somewhat rocky terrain.  I feel better doing at least one 50
>mile race at top, winning speed before asking a horse to do the same in a one
>hundred miler as the season begins.
>
>CBS Redman lasted 10 years at the top, placing first or second
>in nearly every race he ran.  His training always included intense work at
>whatever distance my time would allow.

Debi -

Now that we know what your training schedule was like, how about your competitive season?

How many rides a year?  Total competitive miles in a year?  How long between rides?  Any layup after a ride?  A season off?

Also, since Susan brought it up, at what age did he retire, and what kind of afflictions beset him in old age?

We'd love to know.

-Abby B

==

Abby Bloxsom