Re: Re: Re: reply to Tom Ivers re: re FEI

I think conditioning alone sometimes is necessary and vital to a horse's
training.  I have been spoiled riding so much with my daughter...I really
enjoy our rides.  But the horses get too caught up in the buddy system
sometimes so we have had to take them out alone and sometimes in opposite
directions.  Next year, we plan to do some rides separately to purposely
prepare them for that eventuality.  I appreciated when Jenny wouldn't leave
me when Malik hurt himself and I was so upset but if something happens to
one of us, we need to be able to continue if possible and complete.  It'll
help our horses to practice going alone or even leaving the other.
Maggie