Re: RC: FEI Endurance

In a message dated 8/30/00 5:48:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Teddy@runningbear.com writes:

<< From my viewpoint over the last ten years, endurance as we know it in
 the USA is NOT the same as FEI endurance. Apples and Oranges...some like
 apples, some like oranges.  Both have merits and both are favored by one
 group or another.

 IMO. IF USA wishes to stay in FEI endurance, we will HAVE to change our
 way of thinking for FEI competitions. We suffered badly in France, not
 for lack of horses and riders, but for lack of leadership and
 management. Europe and most of the rest of the world have been riding to
 FEI standards far longer than we have.  Their experience paid off.

 The lambasting of FEI is unwarranted.  It, too, is growing...and
 sometimes in directions we do not agree with.  Our standards are NOT the
 same as the rest of the world.  If we want to see changes, we have to
 set the example. We are no longer doing so. So, if we can't beat 'em, we
 gotta join 'em....IF we want to stay competitive and have a significant
 voice.

 My vote is for Valerie Kanavy for our next Chef d'Equipe. Who else in
 the USA has the experience AND the respect?

 2002 is our next goal.....we have time to make changes HERE.  Let's
 start NOW!!!

 --
 Teddy Lancaster

 Finally back from France, but not fully