Re: $$$$$

Angie,

I like to see the same horse and rider team compete over and over.  For
years I followed Val on PittiPat(really a long time ago) and Cash and
Sonny(the one that fell off a cliff out west) I followed Debi Gordon and
Red, Jeannie and Rambo and on and on.  But it was fun then because you could
relate to the bond they had.. Now its just how fast can you get them to the
top for a few rides and see how much money you earn for the effort.

Yes it is as you said....Its sad for the horse because they like a bond and
I feel that my horse does what I ask because he tries to please. And that's
not really far out,  he doesn't know or care if he is first or last as long
as he enjoys what he's doing and nothing hurts. And he does it all day long
because I ask it of him. Mutual respect...

We are a team and just one of us won't work as hard without the other.

I was asked a long time ago when Orion was younger and in his prime if I
would sell him? I said, " No" I was asked if I wanted to lease him for a big
name in a big race and again I declined.  I felt that no one would really
know him or treat him the way I do. He just doesn't seem like a piece of
property to me, to sell or rent. Can many of the top ten riders understand
that?  I think that most of them do...
Orion just recieved his 4000 AERC mileage chevron and I was so proud of him.

I have 7 seven magnificent horses in my barn and I don't have any that I
could part with even though I should.

Had my say..
Have a great day,
(it should involve a horse.)