Re: RC: RE: trees

<< Well, we've just lost a few hundred thousand  acres to preventable, or at
 least containable,  forest fires. >>

I disagree...like I said before, even if those forests were in ideal
condition (whatever that might be), we'd still be seeing big fires.  This
isn't the first time that several years of weather patterns have been just
right (or just wrong) to lead to castastrophic fires.  I do think that some,
not all, of these fires might have been less severe had forest conditons been
different.

<<As a "wildlife biologist involved directly
with forest management", what's your excuse?>>

I work in Texas...sorry, can't do much personnally about the Montana, etc.
situation!  :)

<<Saving 75 trees for the spotted
owl took all your time?>>

Nah...I work with endangered Red-cockaded Woodpeckers...and my time is spent
trying to CUT trees to benefit the woodpeckers...if the environmentalists
would give us a break.  The local groups want to put a fence around the Nat.
Forest and call it a wilderness area.

Dawn (who has now been flamed by ti...does this mean that I've "arrived"?)
<G>