Re: RC: tree reproduction

In a message dated 08/28/2000 8:26:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
trailride@foothill.net writes:

<< We have one that was
 planted 25yrs ago in our front yard (Northern California) and it is a
 very healthy 60ft tall or so.  Bought it at the local nursery.   >>

Are you referring to a Sequoia Sempervirens or a S. Gigantea?  The former is
a coast redwood and can easily achieve 60 feet in 25 years.  The latter is
the Sierra redwood and although I haven't much experience with them, believe
they are slower growing.  Then too there may be a matter of too much
competition for nutrients for the tree that you mention as a runt.

Barbara