Quarter/Arab Crosses

Diane Hutchinson dan_hutchinson@msn.com
I am interested in purchasing a horse that can serve multi-puposes.  I am new to the sport of competitive trail riding (not horses) but know that Arabians are the horse of choice.  I have a long background in hunter/jumpers and no experiene with Arabians.  I am also 5.8" and 160 lbs.  Can a Quarter/Arab cross be healthy and successful in this sport?  (I have no ambitions to do 100 milers, but 25s, maybe a 50?).  I'm thinking a Quarter cross will give me the size and disposition I'm looking for.  Does anybody have recomendations for me from experience?
Thanks