DEBI'S POSTS

When I first subscribed to Ridecamp, it was to glean info about soundness, feeding, etc from folk who seemed to know a tad more than their DQ, SJ and eventing counterparts.  I did not expect to feel any kinship, with regard to competing my horses, with the spandex set.

What I grew to appreciate most about Ridecamp is that it is, largely, made up of people whose attitude to classical horsemanship is closest to mine.  The horse comes first and foremost.  I have listened to DQs wax lyrical about this on their sites, yet not put their words into practice.  I have watched show jumpers ruin perfectly good horses because of the financial demands and rewards associated with their sport.  Even my first love, eventing, is being tainted with this.

It might sound naive, but Ridecamp has always been my sanctuary from those aspects of equestrian sport which detract from my enjoyment thereof : the cut-throat bitchiness, the win-at-all-costs attitude, the ruination of horses started too early, and over-exposed.  All of this is completely opposite to what I read about on Ridecamp.

I'd like to thank Debi, and Bob, and all those who have stood up for this belief system.  You have said it in words more eloquent than any I could use, and I hope that your words are heeded.

Tracey

PS  Okay, seriousness over for one year, back to the little asides.