Agree with Wendy re FEI Endurance

Wendy, Hear, Hear!  I agree with what you say -

Up here in the frozen north we Canadians are totally unfunded for
International competition (as Terre has already stated) but some people
want to field a Canadian team at International rides and why not?
There is no fight between FEI and AERC, their needs are different.  Let
people choose what their goals may be and others who have different goals
do different things.
I am one RM who is giving the rest of Canada and the US (should anyone wish
to be brave enough to travel here!) an opportunity to compete
Internationally by putting on the FIRST Canadian FEI CEI-A ride in Canada.
And yes, FEI has made it easier for me to do that - lower sanction fee,
fewer officials needed, and no obligatory stables or "bed and breakfast"
for riders.  This FEI ride will be run alongside the AERC rides affecting
it in NO WAY.  If a rider does not want to play then they don't have to!
but we have to continue to give them the choice and let FEI and AERC (or
CaLDRA) continue down the same road but on different sides.

Barbara Holmes-Balmer
Secretary Treasurer, ERABC http://www.img.net/erabc/
Ride Manager, Ride Over the Rainbow
Kelowna, B.C.