Tin Cup Springs-The End

Mom says I have to hurry up and finish this.  It's taking too long!  Besides it's almost time for my supper.  Can't miss that!

So....where were we?  Well, Mom was pretty happy about the BC thing and all the nice things the vets and other people were saying about me.  She kept slipping me extra apples and carrots...I certainly didn't save any for Max. He had been so mean to me the night before.  I didn't bite him during our ride today but I sure thought about it...Mom could tell and she told me NO a little too loudly but I was just trying to let Max know my feelings were hurt...and I wouldn't mind giving him something to think about!!  Anyway, I settled down that night...Max came over and we sort of made up with each other.  He didn't mean to hurt my feelings.  We still had to ride 25 miles together on Sunday, too.  The weather was still warm and the air was heavy all night long.  On Sunday, we had to start out at 7 a.m.  Dad was snoring too loud so Mom got up extra early to hang out with me and sit by the fire.  I like watching that fire in the night...it's pretty soothing.  And I didn't like hearing those coyotes off in the distance so I was glad Mom was up.  We tacked up and moved out for the vet who said Max and I both looked great and were ready to go.  Mom was pretty nervous about the vet lady who showed up to ride the night before... she is a nice lady (her name is Sara Michelin) and when I lost my head over her mare at Hopkins Creek and went down and hurt my leg in the sand, she came back and helped me and my mom.  But Mom knows she is a pretty serious competitor, too and she wanted me to do well and learn from our past mistakes.  As it turned out, we leap frogged on the trail with each other a few times and of course, I had to give my manly spiel to Sara's mare but Mom helped me keep my head and I remembered the business at hand which helped us finish strong and in good shape.  We would have done even better on the loop back to camp had she figured out earlier that I had forgotten to pee in the vet check and I HAD to go so bad!!!  She couldn't figure out if her heart monitor was broken or if I was broken so she finally stopped, took off her watch, which kept beeping madly and drives us both nuts and when I started to graze, the urge took over and I peed a lake AND two rivers and then away we went!  This day, Mom let us go faster in the sand, a gallop once in awhile where it was deepest and trotting or walking where it was safer.  We were ahead of the vet lady and her friend most of the way until the last two miles and then they passed us...oooohhhhh, boy, was I upset!!  Max was, too.  He wanted to be FIRST.  I think Jenny did, too.  Mom wouldn't let me have my head until it cleared and I agreed to a steady trot...I can trot pretty fast when I want to.  We caught up and just before camp, Dad had slosh bottles for all 4 of us and then we cruised into camp....Max and the vet lady's mare can trot like nobody's business and Mom didn't want me to lope... I wanted to try the Pepe bounce but she wouldn't let me do that either.  We finally settled on a sloooooow (maddeningly slow for me) lope which helped me to catch up and then we trotted the rest of the way into camp together.  We were all pretty hot but having a good time.  I was pretty excited about that pretty mare and getting back to camp and COBB so I took longer to pulse down.  The vet lady's mare pulsed down first and then Max and I tied each other for time.  But boy, I love that spray bottle then....they use it a lot and walk me around and pat me and rub me all over.   Oooh, I do like the finish part of the ride, too!  It took us about the same amount of time as the day before, maybe a few minutes faster (2:59). We got more COBB and apples and carrots and after somebody blew a horn and Mom and Dad were gone for a bit, they came back with a red ribbon and a beer mug with a pewter mare and foal on it...now the mare wasn't bad looking but I hope they don't expect me to DRINK out of that thing.  She says it's another one of those BC things.  Like I said, just give me my COBB.  At least she didn't come back with one of those blankets like she did last time and made me wear it and pose with it.  Sheesh...I wish she'd bring me back something I can use for myself!!  But, she was pretty happy with me and I got some extra apples and carrots again.  Works for me!
Mashallah Almalik
AERC# H30565