Re: FEI Endurance and $$$$$

----- Original Message -----
From: <BMcCrary27@aol.com>> controlled, money-driven sport is not what our
AERC members want.  Perhaps we > should ask them.  And they can always vote
out the BOD members who do not > help direct AERC the way they wish to see
it go.

I'd say that Central Region spoke loud and clear last October at the
Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch, at least, the  ones of them who attended this
ride.

I had set up a jackpot in the 50... very carefully engineered, so those who
*wanted* to compete could, and those who didn't, wouldn't have any part in
it....  like a 'race within the race' and specifically within the AERC rules
and safety guidelines.  I thought it would be fun, and add a little, but not
too much, 'spice' to the event.

NO ONE entered... Not One Single Rider.!!  I didn't get any questions about
it or comments at all.  I specifically asked around later what the buzz had
been about camp on the issue and got *extremely* unfavorable feedback!!

As far as I am concerned, the small representation of Central Region that
was at my ride, very seriously 'put their money where their mouth was'....
They were Not Interested in the $$$!!!

by no means do I speak for the region, I am just one ride manager, but I
felt it was a strong, impressive display of what those people want for OUR
sport.!

Becky Huffman
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/
"Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to
cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind
is not as important as how we have lived." --Captain Jean-Luc Picard