Misc comments

Olympic Equestrian coverage.   In 1984 in LA,  CBS did a wonderful job with
the Equestrian events.   Great coverage of the cross country and stadium
jumping, even pretty decent dressage pics.   I have it all on tape and still
watch it now and then.   Too bad it can't be done again.   Korea wasn't as
good, but had quite a bit of time.   Spain only showed the wrecks, and not
much of anything since.

FEI ??      World class events can be  an exciting part of Endurance.
It's a challenge to ride "on the edge"  and only a few will wish or be able
to do it.    Some never seem to quite "get it",  there are no points ,or
money,  for not finishing.    It always helps to be intimately aquainted
with your horse.  This doesn't happen often with riders who don't train and
condition their own horses.
The other side of the coin----World class competitors in all events begin in
school, back yards, home gyms, little events.  Everyone starts somewhere.
It is foolish to think FEI, or anyone else, will make our regular rides any
less important, or less fun.   All the great riders and horses start this
way, maybe it will be you, your kids, and your horses.
Lets not let the world events, that affect a handful of us, spoil our
outlook.    Let's cheer on the ones that go,    and continue our support for
local and regional rides.

Let's go ride.

Dot