Re: RC: RE: FEI Endurance

In a message dated 8/28/00 9:17:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

<< Michael I presume the posting to the Ride Camp is the position of the FEI.
 feel that this is a very offensive statement to the world of endurance
 riding and to the competitors of the United States in particular. Initially,
 who, what and why has directed the FEI to dictate to the world the
 conditions for participating in endurance riding?  >>

And what egos we have to assume that AERC and FEI endurance are one and the
same.  There is absolutely NOTHING that this has to do with how we conduct
ourselves in AERC, and actually, FEI has made it MUCH easier to hold FEI
events in conjunction with existing AERC events than ever before.  While I
don't care for some of the things I'm seeing here, to get one's panties in a
wad that FEI is somehow taking us over is laughable.  Bob, you are one of the
first ones to jump up and holler about enforcing the rules--well, all FEI is
doing here is enforcing their rules.  What's wrong, does the shoe pinch when
it is on the other foot?

Heidi