Re: RC: Ms Anne Hayes should NOT be characterized as a public interest attor...

In a message dated 08/27/2000 7:29:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time, demar@cfw.com
writes:

<< To characterize Ms. Anne Hayes as a public interest attorney is
 misleading since she is clearly mouthing timber interest propagander.
 One wonders how these beautiful virgin forests survived before humans
 came on the scene without "management."  It's true that Smokey the Bear
 mismanaged at the behest of timber companies.  It is these companies
 self serving greed that has brought these forests to their present
 state.  Now they can hardly wait to use these fires to justify more of
 their robber barens pillage in the name of forest health.

Ooh deary me!  The usual repititious badmouthing of the timber industry.
We've heard it all, for nearly 40 years.  Some timber companies overharvest
and some don't.  But to blame ALL ecological disasters on the timber industry
isn't at all fair and is very narrow-minded and inaccurate to an unbelievable
degree.  And when one asks the naysayers what we should use to build the
houses we all live in, the answer could be as silly as "plastic".  I've heard
that one, believe it or not.  Or perhaps concrete?  In either case, the raw
materails from which both products are derived are completely non-renewable,
as opposed to trees, which ARE truly "America's only renewable resource".  So
before blindly quoting all the pre-digested garbage about how sinful it is to
harvest trees, please learn something about the industry, and go find a
company that does it right.  And, may I inquire, to which forests are you
referring that have been "brought to their present state"?  And what "state"
is it that you deplore so vigorously?  As for greed, I hadn't noticed it was
the timber industry that is grinding out billionaires by the dozens.

Barbara
Not sure what this has to do with horses, but couldn't let this smear go
unchallenged