Re: crops

Sandy wrote:

>would someone please explain to me why a person would ride an endurance
ride
>with a crop???>

I haven't ridden endurance, yet, so please excuse me if I sound ignorant,
but the only reason I ride out with a crop is because it is a useful tool
for :

1.    flicking flies / bugs off parts of the body I can't reach - under the
belly, on the ears, etc

2.  ditto waving the crop around the head wards bugs off

3.  Toc thinks he's a stallion, so it teaches him manners if he's thinking
about kicking / biting the horse behind / in front of / fifty feet away from
him.

Don't use it as an aid to get him to listen to the aides, because, well, um,
he would get really offended and deck me.

Tracey