Re: RC: Re: New FEI standards

Hi Pat
I would hope you are wrong about your statement that "many" are reveling
in the possibility of high sales prices at the expense of our horses. I
believe most of the breeders I know  would like to see higher prices,
BUT I have also corresponded with many and they love their horses as
much as I do. I've turned down a few sales because I did not feel good
about the buyer and other breeders in ridecamp whom I've written to have
done the same. If the majority of us were just into the bucks, would we
still be around?<BG> I believe we are all concerned about the low
completion rate. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call for the FEI. IF
for no other reason, bad press and possible loss of interest by the
Olympic Committee.
And, Maryanne, I see being in the Olympics as being a good thing. Can
you imagine all eyes on Endurance--- don't you think a little more
thought will be given to making a good showing and insuring that no one
could accuse the Committee of putting on an event where there is cruelty
to horses! What a great safeguard it would be--- TV cameras pointed at
the course. Now jumps have always been dicey, so it would not mean that
the challenge would be taken away, just tempered so that a reasonable
number would survive! That would make me happy! Am I being naive or
could the international publicity actually remedy the situation?
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov