Hackamores--Jumping vs Arabian S

Linda B. Merims lbm@ici.net

Hi, Folks;

In your experience, which hackamore has the greater leverage:
the "jumping" hackamore (short, flat shanks, fuzzy noseband,
sometimes called "EZ"), or the "Arabian S" hackamore?

Both are commonly found in endurance catalogs, e.g.:
http://www.runningbear.com/2000/hackamore-page.htm

I tried the jumping hackamore on my horse for the first time
today and I was truly amazed at how well he went in it:  turning,
stopping, even rating at a canter.

I'm just not sure whether it is going to have enough stopping
power when push comes to shove and he gets into his
freight-train mode.

Linda B. Merims
..finally ready to give up her two rein Pelham
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA