UAE/FEI

Amy nrene writes " please take into account the fact that creative journalism
is the norm for papers here.  (UAE)"

   The FEI  Endurance chief, FEI Michael Stone, said
 > that one of the biggest obstacles in the path of endurance becoming an
 > Olympic sport was the apathy towards FEI-organised rides from
 > countries like USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
 >
 > "These countries organise rides under their own national federation rules
 > which affect the rides organised under the FEI umbrella. To start with,
 > from the next world championship we will not accept the US riders unless
 > they have qualified through FEI-organised rides. So far we have been
 > accepting their entries but this will be the last time they will be
allowed,"
 > Stone said.
 >
 > This means that the US riders, who have won all the world championships
 > will have to toe the FEI-line or miss the world event.

The above is NOT news to AERC-International.The United States is already
implementing this dictum from FEI.  As sanctioning director for the MW region
I have been contacted regarding a proposed ride under  FEI fules in 2001 due
to the fact that riders nominating for FEI events in 2002 and after must
qualify in an FEI organized ride.

Take the UAE and their mouthpiece (the UAE news) with a grain of salt.