Deb Gordon's Comments on WEC

Debbie Zanot NE darkcat5@yahoo.com
WOW! I have to agree with Deb. This day of the WEC
2000 is  not a pretty picture. I would like to hear
from those who were there WHY and What made this course
so darned tough that all these horses were pulled.
I also agree that this kind of a completion rate
if it were an olympic event would NEVER stand the scrutiny
of animal rights people and could be the end of a fun
wonderful sport as we now know it to be.
Perhaps if the WEC was a multi-day event it would
not be such a horse race. It sadly looks as if the USA
has NO say in any part of it now or in the future.
Big bucks have all the say. Alot of people jumped on
the band wagon, selling thier knowledge and horses for
big bucks, and it seems somehow kind of sleezy, and yes
the death of innocence... so sad...especially when most of
us back yard endurance riders treasure our riding partners
and would NEVER sell them for any amount of money.
My heart was with all of the USA riders and Canadian
riders. I wish them all a safe trip home and commend
them for doing their best! Hey, USA still is the best
as far as I am concerned!