RE: Tall horses & MOUNTING!

Yes, I just forego all pride and look for the nearest stump.  I just have
to choose carefully where I plan to get back on my horse!  I had taken
a lot of hunt seat lessons, therefore don't have a thing about using
a mounting block like some of our weekend cowboys in our area.  It also
helps because there are a lot of short little girls riding 17H+
thoroughbreds
and warmbloods so I don't think that I stick out too much!

Yeppers, and jeans don't work for me either when it comes to mounting.

At my last endurance ride, a guy with an old style metal construction
hard hat yelled out to me "hey no. 59, you've got a problem!"  I held
my breathe and said "What?"   "Well your horse is too d**m tall and
you're too d**m short!"  I just replied "no s**t!"  Then we all burst
out laughing.

I thought about getting a pair of those "cheater" stirrups but I ride
with cages on my stirrups and don't know if that would work.  Anyone
tried that?

Kathy