Re: RE: Trail Mileage and GPS and bikes

I have the Garmin III+ GPS, and I have found that the mileage shown on the
unit is different than what it displays after I download the map into the
desktop computer after riding.  I thought perhaps that the Garmin unit
calculates milage by using elapsed time and average speed?  When the data is
loaded in the computer, it does not have the speed available, and so it has
to use the waypoints and distances.  Maybe this is the source of the
discrepancy?  Not real useful when you are out riding...

(Colorado)