OF cutbacks

I don't normally read most of the posts about saddles like these because I simply can't afford them.  Lately, I hardly have any time to read RC at all (I'm afraid to as that kak worm keeps rearing its ugly head!!).  Anyway, I might have the opportunity to buy an OF cutback at a reasonable price over time.  I am hoping to try it for a week or two first.  My concern is that my horse is young (5) and changes so much, I can't afford to buy a saddle every 4-6 months.  I would appreciate private posts from people who own or have owned an OF cutback, pros and cons and if I later need something else, do they sell well used?  Thanks for your help, folks!!
Maggie Mieske