Re: RC: RE: experience or advice about riding with wrist in a cast

It sure would give you a nice straight line from the bit to the elbow!  But
seriously, I rode in a Philadelphia Collar four weeks after cervical fusion
surgery (which was probably the result of falling off too many times on my
head).  My boss would have a fit about it, so at my four week check up, the
DR. said there was some bone growth, and I made him write me a note on his
official stationary that said I could ride horses.  As the wrist is
immobilized, (as my Dr. asked me)  you're not going to get crazy or ride
broncs or anything are you?  Good luck, and let pain be your guide.  jeri