RC: experience or advice about riding with wrist in a cast

Tracey,

I did the same thing on my birthday in 1987.  Got bucked off a green horse
and rolled over a metal panel of a round-pen.  Broke my left wrist.

I rode a fifty-miler the following weekend.  I found the cast only a minor
handicap.

If you know the terrain you are traveling; and are confident you can
negotiate the obstacles with your handicap; and can maintain control of your
horse, I'd go for it.

My best advice would be to ride with a group and let them know you'd like to
impose on them to open/close all the gates.  That worked for me for most of
my ride.  I did have to ride alone for part of the last loop and only had to
open/close one gate.  That was not pretty and took a lot of time.  But, I
was confident I could get the job done and did.

Good Luck,

Linda Van Ceylon
Fort Collins, CO
lindavaneq@hotmail.com