Wintec easy change gullet saddle

I just got one of these - all purpose style - about 3 weeks ago. Why? I
needed a saddle for multiple horses and it was the only thing in my price
range. Besides a bareback pad, that is. With the narrow gullet it seemed to
need more padding in the middle of the panels to give them the proper curve.
Its easy to add shims between the tree and the panels. The horse I'm using it
on has already changed shape, so I widened the saddle today. It seems comfy
for me so far, but my thighs keep looking for the poleys! The knee rolls are
large, though, so hopefully I won't bite the dust too much! I'm using
wintec's girth and webbers w/english safety stirrups and a wool felt pad. I
put d ring savers on for the breastplate (it only has 2 dees). I've got a big
drawstring pommel bag from Sportack. Mr. Horse got his first set of shoes a
few days ago and we're off to a CTR next weekend. Hopefully he'll remember he
was gelded a couple months ago. Actually he's been on the trail about 12
times but acts like he's an old pro, not bad for an A-rab! Our goal is the
Old Dominion 100 in 2002. I think he's a good one and I told myself I
wouldn't race until his third season. I talk too much to race anyway (have
you noticed) but I have fun.

                                                             Shelly in DE