Re: RC: Say a prayer for Sue Crews, she will be missed

In a message dated 8/11/00 8:48:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< A freak accident, yes.  Would a helmet have made a difference? You bet.
Would she have still been injured? Maybe.  Would she still be alive today?
Most assuredly.  So for those of you that waiver on the helmet issue or those
of you that know someone that you want to get to wear a helmet, tell them
this story.  It may or may not help but if it saves one life, then maybe Sue
can still help someone.  She had the biggest heart in the whole world and I
know that she would want this warning to go out.   >>
Just Saturday I was helping a good friend hook a draft horse I knew and had
worked with, but that hadn't been hooked in two years. I refused to get in
the buggy without my helmet. Many pictures were taken that afternoon, and I'm
sure I looked like a geek being the only one with a helmet, but if that horse
had freaked, i'd still be here writing this. Please wear your helmets every
ride or drive, every time!
Becky in Fla