Re: RC: Portable Corrals and Arabian Stallion

In a message dated 8/14/00 10:28:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<<  However, I have a 5 year old Arabian stallion to confine and was
wondering if anyone can suggest a good set-up that will be easy to set-up yet
keep Mr. Studly in his place.  Your input appreciated.

Geld him.  Sorry couldn't resist :))  I haven't seen a portable corral made
that I would consider safe for a stallion, let alone a young one.  Double
tied to the trailer is probably the safest way to go.  Most horses adapt
really well to being tied, you leave the rope long enough so that they can
put their head down to eat, lay down, etc., but can't get tangled up.  Plus,
you have the added security of them being double tied.  Nothing worse than a
loose stallion in camp (even worse than dogs, kids, etc.).  I've seen people
with stallions use those orange traffic cones to mark off a bigger space
around the trailer (so people don't park too close).  Don't forget a BIG
yellow ribbon in his tail.  Good luck!

Sylvia