Re: RC: RE: buck-o-rama

In a message dated 8/12/00 9:51:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DESERTRYDR1@aol.com writes:

<< I definitely support the advice so far--GET RID OF HIM.  There are a lot
of
 really nice horses around that you can work with without getting hurt.  Why
 take the chance? >>

That would have normally been my advice too (in fact I was going to say
that).  Except, I kind of forgot about the 23 year old gelding standing in my
pasture who I completely adore (and who can buck like nobody's business).
I've owned this good old boy since he was born and at the time I just
wouldn't give up on him....he bucked like a son of a gun whenever you made a
transition in gaits (or , God forbid increased speed).  I had people tell me
that I should sell him to the rodeo.  Truth be told, he still will buck.  I
learned how to sit a horse really well (as if my Welsh pony didn't show me
THAT) and I learned how to make a horse move forward when they'd rather go up
and down.  Sometimes there are ways around problems and sometimes there
aren't.  Just my experience. Also, sometimes horses just LIKE to buck (I
shoulda sold him to the rodeo), my guy just does it when he feels good.
There isn't a darn thing wrong with him.  Not that a good chiro exam wouldn't
help the horse we're discussing on the list, but for my horse...it's just
sheer exuberance and (most likely) bad habits that we've got going.  BTW,
I've never owned another bucking horse before or after.  He was/is one of a
kind :))

Sylvia & Copy (It just feels good :)

Sylvia