Roger's energy drink

Heather Watson watson1@gv.net
Hey, Roger!

Boy, that sure did describe the NC!

I think you thought my last
name was Scott because that's how it probably sounds when spoken
out of breath at 96000 feet(HEA-ther [gasp] WATT-son).

Thanks for the wonderful energy drink.  I know I would have been
in much sorrier shape had it not been for that
great orange-flavored concoction you shared.

To everyone else: Roger was BOOKING up that rocky climb, leading
OMNI.  I was following behind, tailing my horse, and getting more
and more dizzy at about 2 miles up.  When Roger finally decided
to take a short rest, I asked him what in the world he was on.
That's when he let me in on his energy drink secret.  Within
seconds of drinking some, I felt better, and the burning in my
thighs was gone.  I was able to keep up with him (well, almost) until we reached the summit.

Also, this was the first time I didn't experience severe leg
cramps in my calf muscles after the ride.  I usually feel like
I've got a pulled muscle for about five to seven days, even
though I drank tons of water (sometimes even supplimented with
human electrolytes).  In fact, other than a little soreness in
my knee joints, I felt GREAT.

I know you told me the recipe, but I can't for the life of me
remember what you put in it.  I'd like to try to make a batch of
my own for my next adventure.

Thanks for helping me come in before dark (ha!)  Really enjoyed
meeting you and Carol, as well as meeting so many nice riders
from all the different regions.

Take care!

-Heather