Re: RC: NSC - I was there

Susie,

First I'd like to congratulate everyone who finished the RC Ride this year.
Second, I agree with Susie (quoted below) 100% about the problem with the
last 10 years "championships" changing too much. Riders and management alike
just decided it was too much trouble to figure out from year to year. I also
liked the series, but also see it is not supported by the majority.
Someone else brought up the idea about using placement in the regional
standings as qualification for the NC Ride. I think that might be a good
thing. It would demonstrate the rider's ability to keep a horse going for a
whole season as opposed to just a one shot ride. Monte suggested the year
end standings would qualify for the National Championship ride held the
following year, as early in the season as practical. People would know
"where & when" far enough in advance to prepare to go.
But it is very important to get this "tweaking" DONE, and then LEAVE IT
ALONE!