BIATHLON

We did our first Biathlon this weekend. We rode
30 miles on Sat. then drove 30 miles on Sun.
(scores 94 &92.5).

Meshack lost a rear shoe on Sat. so drove with
an Easyboot on Sunday.

I was amazed at how energetic he was for the drive.
I was delighted on how well-behaved he was during
the ride....best yet by far.  I rode with my Liverpool
Driving bit. When he started to pull, I dropped the
reins one slot to pick up some curb action.  He
responding immediately.

As Angie suggested I rode with shorter stirrups and
that does help ride the fast (rough) trot.  I noticed that
his normal FAST trot is 10 MPH.....during the
Competitive Drive it was 12 to 14.

We took First Place by default. When other Biathlon
participants heard they had to compete against
Meshack they withdrew <bg>!

John and Meshack (REALLY??)
http://www.bypass.com/~ayers (Vermont Equestrian Activities)
Secretary/Treasurer Vermont Arabian Horse Association