Re: on fire

Geez Sandy...what a nightmare!!!  I've got all of my appendages crossed for
you.  I used to live in Helena and can visualize the Montana countryside --
and
I have watched part of Washington burn and creep all around my good friend's
home in Leavenworth -- so I have a real mental image of the awful scene going
on there.  My best to you!  Keep us posted.

Sue

> "Sandy Bolinger" <bolinger@bigsky.net said:
> Just thought you guys might want to hear what we-re doing for fun here in
> Western Montana---We sitting in smoke so thick that our eyes and throats are
> burning---there are six major fires going all around us---they just put
us on
> evacuation alert---six fires and not a single fire fighter--just one lonely
> slurry plane!  There are NO resources left...even the volunteer fire dept is
> off fighting fires that are threatening more populated areas---They've made
> it real clear that there will be no one or nothing to try to save our places
> should the fires get here...the drought has been so bad that our wells are
> almost dry---won't do us any good as far as holding off  any fire...the good
> news is I've got a place to take all my horses---and people to help--and the
> even better news is that I've got a whole bunch of wine coolers left over
> from a BBQ we had a couple of weeks ago!  I guess I could pour them on the
> fire---but I think they'll do much more good in my body---;o]...pray for
> rain---but please specify that he leave out the lightening!!!

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.