Re: RC: Question about size/ relationship

Misty Moon is 14.2 and I am 5'9+" and 150#.  Plus an 18# saddle.  We do LD
and LOTS of trail riding and a little arena work.  She has never felt small
to me, except that she has a fairly upright neck, and sometimes the reins get
awful short when she wants to run and I don't.  I have ridden her for nine
years and definitely don't feel underhorsed.  In fact at times she is so
powerful that I used to feel way overhorsed (we have adapted to each
other--long SLOW process).  Conventional wisdom says a horse can carry 25% of
its own weight, and Arabs are made for weight bearing with their (often)
shorter backs.  If your purchaser likes the horse and seems suited to it
temperamentally and training-wise, its up to her to decide if the horse is
the right size.

jeri (it's still a LONG way to the ground)
misty moon (gee mom are you still holding THAT grudge?)