Re: RC: Question about size/ relationship

In a message dated 08/04/2000 4:28:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
SandyDSA@aol.com writes:

<< Incidentally, one of my favorite riding horses years ago was a little 14.2
-
 on a TALL day with shoes - Fakher El Din daughter. Sheesh that mare could
 motor. Carried my 5'8" hubby as well as my thin but 6' friend again and
 again. Okay - speak up! >>

My favorite gelding was 14.2, weighed 850#.  He was a fun ride, tough and
game.  I rode him for many years (he's 23 now) and my husband rode him in a
50 miler once.  At 45 miles, they were in 1st place.  The last 5 miles were
up a nasty hill, through deep sand.  It slowed them down a bit and a lightwt.
woman on a bigger horse beat them by a gnat's eyelash.  My husband is 5'10"
and is at the low end of the HVYWT. division.  So a small horse, with a big
mind, can do the job if he's strongly built.

Barbara