Re: RC: Re: Amazon.com sells "Cannibal Ferox" - a film with torture of ani...

In a message dated 8/4/00 9:11:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Dbeverly4@aol.com
writes:

<< I'm not in favor of censorship either.  However, what is wrong with
telling a
 company that you think something is objectionable?  If nobody says anything,
 they end up thinking that nobody cares and once again apathy wins. >>

Actually, Sylvia, that is how one SHOULD register one's objections, rather
than with flat-out censorship.  The necessary "other half" of freedom of
speech is the freedom to say "I'm not listening!"

Heidi