Re:Slipping Saddles

As the owner of two DeSoto saddles, I can attest to the fact that a
saddle of the proper width and pitch will not slip. I ride two mares
with very different shaped backs. One has more narrow than normal
withers and was hard to fit with a "normal" brand name saddle. The other
has very wide withers, and was very hard to fit. After searching and
trying many saddles that didn't work on the wide mare before having
Marilyn build a custom saddle for her, it was easy to make the decision
to have the second one made. Both mares have successfully carried me, as
well as grandchildren to many completions with the custom saddles. It's
a good feeling to know that if a problem does develop with one of her
saddles, Marilyn will back up her work and make sure it really does fit
the horse.

I am not saying Marilyn is the only good saddle maker out there. I am
saying that for the good of the horse, a custom built saddle is a wise
investment, that pays for itself in the long run, with a horse with a
comfortable and healthy back.
Lucie H, Star(Finally, a saddle that doesn't hurt!) and Bukkura(Look,
Mom, I have more freedom in my shoulders now!)