Re: Re: "Arabian" dogs

I have never owned a Border, so I can't comment, but I can definitely say
that GSDs are not only smart, they are innovative, intuitive and able to
process in a way which is just astounding.

Mine has just learnt to unlock a door.  With a key.  No, I didn't teach him,
he learnt it by watching me, and by trial and error.

Did I also tell you that they can be a right royal pain in the backside?

But if you're looking for the most intelligent and, to me, most Arab-like,
dog in the world, you have got to say Jack Russell.  These guys train you,
not the other way round.  Funniest thing I ever saw was three grown women at
dog-training, all of whom have trained dogs up to championship level, trying
to get my JR bitch to do a down.  Picture three women, arses in the air, in
front of a scruffy little dog, all saying "Down, Bandit, down!" whilst she
looks up at me as if to say "See, Mum, look how well I've trained them".

Now, when we're at training, the instructor says "All dogs in a down ...
except Bandit.... she can sit up and beg or something!"

Tracey