AERC national championship

Duane Barnett docduane@aol.com
In time this new concept will work. Once the entry numbers are large enough to financially support those ride managers willing to take on the challenge of putting on this ride the entry requirements will tighten up. Our main sponsors want this type of ride. By far the bulk of AERC is the 50 mile riders so they also deserve a recognizable championship ride. One of the beauties of AERC is that there is something for everyone. If it is your desire to ride international, you can do it. If you want to go for a regional championship, you can do it. If you want ot ride multi-days, you can do it. If you want to ride the prestige ride(ie Tevis, Biltmore, OD, Swanton Pacific) then you can do it.
In time this format will become very popular and very exciting. The challenge of one shot, going head to head against some of the best horses from coast to coast on that year is a challenge worthy of being called a national championship.  If you feel that you and your horse are up to the challenge then get involved. Every choice an individual makes also requires sacrifice. You cannot be involved in everything endurance riding has to offer the same year! Different individuals have different goals. Come East and I promise you a first class ride in terms of management,trail, vets and competition !(only come if you are up to a challenge:) Those individuals who have been brave enough to manage and organize the championship ride this year and last year deserve our praise and respect.
                                             Duane Barnett
                                             director SE region