Re: RC: Excessive Urination?

> - he's a cute 9 year old gelding paint who's great.. except for the
> fact that
> he urinates A LOT!

One of my Welsh ponies is an excessive drinker/urinater.  He goes through
more water and bedding than any horse I've ever seen. (yes he's out on
pasture, makes a special trip to the shed to use bedding).  His urine is
as clear as water, and he will go while you're riding him even if you
only ride him 30 min.  He's also a very easy keeper, and is trying to get
obese on nothing but hay. A friend who's a vet said he may just like to
drink a lot.  He's never competed, so I don't know what affect it will
have, but looking at him I wonder about his thyroid.  I'd skip the
antibiotics idea.  That sounds like a local vet we have who'll just tell
you anything to make you go away for awhile.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.