RE: Re: Fw: was CTR: slipping saddle now muscle loss

I struggled and struggled with this same issue for over two years.
The only thing that cured it for me and my horse was the ReactorPanel
saddle.
I am not a rep for the saddle, but I do love the saddle.  The panels
do overlap the shoulder by about 1", but this is by design to eliminate
the pressure of the saddle bumping into the area behind the shoulder.
After two weeks with my new saddle, the area behind the wither started to
noticeably fill in!

You may be lucky enough to be able to find a padding and saddle combination
that works.

I tried several different pad types, bought several different
used saddles, screamed everytime I put on a saddle that fit the week before
and then for some reason, doesn't fit now!  Tried creative shimming,
crocheted
a little behind the withers thingy to lift the saddle out of the "pocket"
but
the pocket kept on getting deeper and deeper due to muscle wastage.  I have
even had some professional saddle fit and bodywork consultation to help me
work with this issue, but a fitting now would not be fitting later.

I also had to do some muscle rebuilding on my horse, but any muscle
building I did would be negated by riding with a marginal saddle fit.

It is sooooo frustrating to go thru this process. I finally got over it
and now I can really RIDE!

Kathy & Beau