RC:The bitless Bridle, from a former user

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

This bridle has been discussed before on RideCamp
and I posted that I'd used it.
After a few months I decided against using it further
because the long throat latch pieces crossed directly
over the facial nerve which is quite prominent on my horse's
cheeks.
( On some horses these nerves can't be seen as easily as
 on my gelding).

On one  training ride in fast company, I had to use quite a bit
of pull on him (much more than the beetle hacamore I usually
ride him in) and I was worried continual pressure on these
nerves wouldn't be a good thing. (these nerves control the lips
and nostrils.)

I went back to the beetle hacamore, which is a leather covered
rope noseband, with very short shanks. He did one 25 mile CTR
last year in this hackamore and I was glad I went back to it.

But.. the bitless bridle may work just fine for others.

Barb (going to Saratoga tomorrow to the races.. yipeee)