Re: RC: Greyhounds

<< Ain't confused-what you described above is exactly what I described-Lots of
 muscle
 but very little body fat.
 Sarah

Then our definition of "greyhound" differs. A greyhound, to me, is a gaunt,
sucked up horse, with no belly at all--not necessarily ribs sticking out, but
no genuine muscle mass--these get severely muscle sore after races
(catabolism), recover very slowly, then then incur a varietyof
soft-tissue/coallagen fiber injuries, as well as lung bleeding. Not in a
chronic diseased state, as Susan described, but definitely compromised, both
in performance and recovery. Our horses bounce right back and are working
again the day after the race--much to the astonisment of the trackers--and
drug-free--much to the horror of trainers and veterinarians at the track. And
they call our horses "fat".

If one of these morons claims one of our horses, the first thing he'll do is
keep him in the stall for 30 days while he starves 150 pounds off him. If
that doesn't happen, then the horse, which will typicallybe worked half the
daily volume or less, quickly becomes  so unruly with an overabundance of
energy, that the riders can't hold him under control. This is your definition
of a "greyhound", not mine.

ti