Louise Riedel

I just finished reading the article in the August Western Horseman about
Louise Riedel and endurance & CTR.  I thoroughly enjoyed both the coverage of
endurance riding and, as a new rider, meeting one of the old timers, albeit
in print.  There was one piece of info that I think must be a misprint.  It
says that in 1977 Louise & her horse Caprison held the record for the fastest
50-mile race in 2 hours and 29 minutes!!!!  Is this true??????

Cathy & Jazz