Re: RC: Definitions and a time out

In a message dated 7/27/00 10:24:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ralston@AESOP.RUTGERS.EDU writes:

<< > and hopefully are fast enough to
 > get across the finish before they run out of fuel.>

 >Again, this is your fantasy, what you'd like me to be saying, so that you
 can
 >have an easy target to attack.

 No, Tom. You stated previously that the fat depleted horses totally gave
 out after 80 KM,
 even though some of them actually completed first before crashing.
 Apparently this
 experience is why you are now interested at least in intramuscular
 triglycerides. >>

Starved horses--completely devoid of fuel, then supplemented with carbs
during a ride--these lasted 80K.

ti