Re: RC: re: WARNING!

In a message dated 7/27/00 6:42:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< Driving halfway across the country each time we need to deliver artwork to
 the printer isn't exactly time or cost effective.  On the other hand, if we
 were wealthy enough, I'd love to do that.  It would have to be driving,
 however, because trusting the baggage people on an airplane is about as
 smart as trusting UPS in the first place.  The artwork in question would
 not have been allowed on the plane as carry-on luggage.  Lif >>

My only point was that accidents happen, no matter how careful the company.
Much as it hurts to lose things or have them damaged, one has to take an
occasional disappointment in stride.  Personally, I've had better service
from UPS than from USPS or FedEx, but nobody's perfect.  Several months ago,
we paid over $100 for an overseas "rush" to get some desperately needed parts
to Denmark to my husband, and the package languished in a customs office for
over 2 weeks over a miscalculation about duty (the declared value was
something like $10 over the "allowed" duty-free value due to a miscalculation
in the exchange rate) and no one notified anyone as to where the package
was--took that long to run a trace on it.  Nonetheless, I've had hundreds of
timely transactions with UPS, and everyone makes an occasional mistake.

Heidi