Re: Definitions and a time out

>  and fat. Susan's study emphasized the importance of having those fat
>  stores, regardless
>  of speed, feeding regimen or training. And I do not mean jiggling pones
>  of fat (I believe condition scores of over 7 (considered moderately
obese)
>  did poorly too, no Susan?), just a nice smooth look-no ribs or hip bones
>  jutting out. >
>
> I can go along with that--no fat rolls along the backbone.

Yes, I think that's an important point.  I absolutely agree a pasture
puddin' would be at a disadvantage, probably heat-related.  When I say "good
condition", I mean a condition score of 5, just as Sarah describes, no hips
or pins sticking out, and ribs easily felt but hard to really see.  As
compared to an emaciated horse that looks like a walking hat rack.

Susan G